Minneapolis, MN

what is spastic hemiparesis in children?

Dr. Frederick Nahm
Neurology 27 years experience
Spasticity: This refers to increased tone combined with weakness. It is a sign of some impairment in the central nervous system. Speak to your neurologist for more clarification.
One side affected: This generally refers to a disorder of strength and mobility involving one side of the body.The limbs are stiff and movement is difficult but possible.Hemiplegia would mean the side is essentially paralyzed. It is often the result of pre-natal brain injury/stroke and more often found in premature infants.