A member asked:

If i have an itchy scalp, hair loss and hard clumps of skin on the crown of my scalp, does this mean i have seborrhea-excess sebum and/or psoriasis?

2 doctors weighed in across 2 answers
Dr. Marsha Davis answered

Specializes in Internal Medicine

Probably: Hard to say without seeing. Should see a dermatologist for appropriate diagnosis and treatment

Answered 3/24/2014


Dr. Robert Grieco answered

Specializes in Family Medicine

Many things: Psoriasis, seborrhea, lupis, fungal infection are possible. This need a dermatologist.

Answered 11/5/2018



Related Questions

Online Primary Care Doctors Accepting New Patients

$44 video appointments available today with a membership as low as $15/month

Book a Video Appointment
Ask your question
Didn't find what you're looking for?

90,000 U.S. doctors in 147 specialties are here to answer your questions or offer you advice, prescriptions, and more.

Ask your question

Meet your new favorite doctor