Las Vegas, NV

i wake up frequently with extreme pain in the back of my head and sometimes my neck. i've changed pillows and slept without it. nothing helps. ?

Dr. Donald Colantino
Osteoarthritis: Osteoarthritis of the neck with spurring is a common cause of this. Disc disease is less likely. I recommend xrays of the neck to see what it looks like. Sometimes sleeping with a soft cervical collar helps avoid your symptoms.
Dr. Pavel Conovalciuc
Head ; neck pain: You deserve a thorough history ; physical exam prior to suggesting further treatment options. Most cases are benign muscle strains that can be fairy easily corrected with stretching exercises, heat, physical therapy, and chiropractor manipulations but before you recur to those, you need to make sure there is nothing else going on.

Last updated Mar 22, 2014