I lay on my right side to sleep my left hip starts to feel numb it doesn't cause pain -also low back/stomach pain/weight loss 25lbs-4wks what is this?

Dr. Donald Alves
Emergency Medicine 25 years experience
Time to see Dr: If your scale is accurate and you are not intentionally trying to lose weight, then you need to see your dr for evaluation to find out the cause. The numbness may be related or just a coincidence. See dr for eval.
Dr. Donald Colantino
Marked weight loss: The positional hip numbness may be due to a nerve entrapment from the spinal area. I'm concerned about the abdominal pain and weight loss of 25lbs in a month. This calls for an examination by your physician who will order the appropriate workup for your symptoms.
Dr. John Chiu
Allergy and Immunology 58 years experience
See doc now: This is a condition which requires immediate medical attention. There are very few diseases which can cause a 25 -lb weight loss without dieting. Check with your doctor asap. Oh yes, your hip problem needs to be checked too.
Last updated Nov 28, 2017