i am 29 weeks pregnant with bad back pain, can i use icy hot?

2 doctor answers
Dr. Timothy Raichle
21 years experience Obstetrics and Gynecology
Yes: There is not a problem applying external heat rubs for control of muscular pain during pregnancy. Icyhot has a strong odor. Try a brand called biofreeze- i think it is better! also, consider calling your doctor to see if they want you evaluated for preterm contractions.
Answered on Aug 14, 2015
2
Dr. Dariush Saghafi
32 years experience Neurology
Usually no recommend: Any form of chemical heat such as icy hot is not as effective nor as safe to use compared to other products. There is a device that i would like you to look up at the following website: www.Sootheaway.Com look for the particular band for back pain that they have and enjoy it in good health!
Answered on Mar 18, 2014
1
Dr. Dariush Saghafi
32 years experience Neurology
Provided original answer
Just to clarify- I have no financial or other interests in this company. I just think the machine is very effective and so do the vast majority I prescribe it for through the VA Hospital here in Cleveland. Far superior to using Icy Hot or similar products.
Mar 18, 2014