I am 29 weeks pregnant with bad back pain, can i use icy hot?

Dr. Timothy Raichle
Yes: There is not a problem applying external heat rubs for control of muscular pain during pregnancy. Icyhot has a strong odor. Try a brand called biofreeze- i think it is better! also, consider calling your doctor to see if they want you evaluated for preterm contractions.
Dr. Dariush Saghafi
Neurology 34 years experience
Usually no recommend: Any form of chemical heat such as icy hot is not as effective nor as safe to use compared to other products. There is a device that i would like you to look up at the following website: www.Sootheaway.Com look for the particular band for back pain that they have and enjoy it in good health!
Dr. Dariush Saghafi
Neurology 34 years experience
Provided original answer
Just to clarify- I have no financial or other interests in this company. I just think the machine is very effective and so do the vast majority I prescribe it for through the VA Hospital here in Cleveland. Far superior to using Icy Hot or similar products.
Mar 18, 2014

Last updated Aug 14, 2015