i have had pains in my neck and tightness to my jaw and my face has even went numb like as if you went to the dentist. doc said my blood work is fine?

2 doctor answers
Dr. William Culviner
29 years experience ENT and Head and Neck Surgery
Muscle/joint pain: The temporomandibular joint is the jaw hinge joint. You might have traumatized it by clenching or grinding your teeth. Often the pain radiates around this area to the ear, temple, and neck. I suggest warm moist heat, anti- inflammatories like ibuprofen, soft diet, and give symptoms a few days to resolve. If no improvement, see dentist or ENT doctor to further assess.
Answered on Jun 10, 2014
Dr. Jerome Zacks
50 years experience Cardiology
Concern re heart: Angina pectoris, the pain associated with coronary insufficiency, can manifest as pain in the neck and mandible. Therefore, one should see ones doctor immediately if these symptoms are noted. A thorough history and physical exam is warranted and it may be determined that a stress test (or nuclear or echo stress test) might be appropriate to rule out significant coronary ischemia.
Answered on Mar 17, 2014