how do i get rid of baby's congested nose, since there are no baby nose medicines at the store?

Dr. Patrick Hieber
Dr. Patrick Hieberanswered
Viral URI symptoms: There is no true medicine for the relief of nasal congestion due to a viral upper respiratory infection. The fda withdrew licensing for "cold/allergy"medicines several years ago for children under age 2 yrs due to lack of proof of efficacy and reports of 100's of deaths/ yr due to errors made with the preparations. Cleaning the nose with Normal Saline nose drops / bulb syringe is traditional rx.
Only need saline: In babies the primary cause of congestion is the environment. House dust, fragrance, perfumes, detergent or cleaning products all leave scents that may not bother you but irritate a babies nose. A good nasal clean out with saline can remove much of this irritant load, but removing the offending irritants from babies life helps more in the long run.Air particle filters can also help.
Dr. Praveen Rohatgi
Cardiology 47 years experience
and see an allergist
Jun 23, 2017