NV

can a sharp shooting pain in the left middle side of my chest be acid reflux? it gets to be so painful, and feels like there's pressure on my chest.

Dr. Walter Husar
Neurology 33 years experience
Maybe: The spillover of acid into the esophagus can cause severe pain and pressure sensation in the chest. The main differential is cardiac disease, but at your age that is unlikely. Best to check with your doctor.
Dr. Stevan Cordas
Sharp chest pain: After the doctor eliminates heart disease and esophagus problems, another cuase of sharp chest pain is structural problems due to rib facet conditions. First check out the more serious problems then get the opinion of a physiatrist, osteopath or chiropractor.

Last updated Feb 2, 2015