U.S. doctors online nowAsk doctors free
United Kingdom (Great Britain)
A 19-year-old male asked:

Purple lump on hip. lump is under skin. sore to touch. hurts a lot when wearing belt. there was always a purpke spot there for a few years. worried?

1 doctor answer1 doctor weighed in
Dr. Sewa Legha
Medical Oncology 52 years experience
Get a medical exam: If you have any new growth, you need to ahvea physical exam by your doctor. If there is a lump/growth or tumor an x-ray can be used to confirm it. A biopsy may be required if there is a definite lump as that is the only way to make a diagnosis of the cause of any new lump.
Created for people with ongoing healthcare needs but benefits everyone.
Last updated Sep 29, 2016


Content on HealthTap (including answers) should not be used for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment, and interactions on HealthTap do not create a doctor-patient relationship. Never disregard or delay professional medical advice in person because of anything on HealthTap. Call your doctor or 911 if you think you may have a medical emergency.