LA

Bumped head couple hours ago and now my neck hurts. i am scaring myself with the symptoms. is it just panic? i didn't hit the wall very hard at all

Dr. Marc Hirsch
Sprain vs. Fracture: If, as you say, you didn't hit the wall very hard, it is more likely a sprain/strain of your neck from muscle spasm your neck muscles did to "protect" your spine. It's like "whiplash" in an automobile accident. If the neck really hurts a doctor will want to get a series of neck spine x-rays to make sure there are no cracks (fractures.) you have to decide what it will take to manage the panic.
Created for people with ongoing healthcare needs but benefits everyone.
Last updated Aug 5, 2017