LA

Bumped head couple hours ago and now my neck hurts. i am scaring myself with the symptoms. is it just panic? i didn't hit the wall very hard at all

Dr. Marc Hirsch
Sprain vs. Fracture: If, as you say, you didn't hit the wall very hard, it is more likely a sprain/strain of your neck from muscle spasm your neck muscles did to "protect" your spine. It's like "whiplash" in an automobile accident. If the neck really hurts a doctor will want to get a series of neck spine x-rays to make sure there are no cracks (fractures.) you have to decide what it will take to manage the panic.

Last updated Aug 5, 2017