what to do if i have the worst fear of getting sick !?

Fear of sickness: If is a chronic, pervasive fear that is not based on reality - consider cognitive behavioral therapy.

Are there fears that bird flu might mutate?

Dr. James Cunnar
For sure: This is an ongoing, legitimate concern. All that is required for a major pandemic is for an existing influenza strain to mutate to something our immune systems can't respond to. If this occurs, the public health outcome could be devastating. We now recommend influenza vaccination for all people. Wash your hands, listen to the news, and make sure you have a medical home if you become ill.

Any tips for fear of monsters?

Dr. Pamela Middleton
Find the cause: Find out the cause of your child's fear of monsters then help him to realize that there are no monsters searching him out.

How can I get over the fear receiving upper dentures?

Dr. Ronald Achong
Oral and Maxillofacial Surgery 18 years experience
It is difficult: Talk to other patients with dentures. Another option is to consider dental implant treatment.

What do I do to get over my fear of going to the dentist?

Dr. Cecilia Alailima
General Practice 33 years experience
Anticipating a bad: Outcome is the basis of fear that triggers our autonomic arousal system. Reduce the anticipation by expressing your fear to your dentist and develop a fear reduction plan. If you tend to always be in a high arousal state (anxious, fearful, automatic negative thoughts), you need to address this problem directly & learn effective self-regulation skills: breath control, meditation, biofeedback etc.

Are there medications that I can take to get over my fear of the dentist?

Dr. Kyle Shank
Dentistry 13 years experience
Sedation!: Find a dentist experienced in conscious sedation (check out www.Sedationcare.Com). When you call to make an appointment, make sure to let the office know that you are very interested in sedation and that you'd like to schedule an initial consultation to meet with the doctor. The two of you can discuss what level of sedation/anxiolysis you need and what medication would be best for your situation.