U.S. doctors online nowAsk doctors free
A 39-year-old member asked:

How can i treat lactose intolerance?

1 doctor answer1 doctor weighed in
Dr. James Ferguson
Pediatrics 47 years experience
2 choices: You treat this issue by #1 avoiding all products with lactose or #2 take supplemental lactase enzyme (lactaid and others).There are milk products available that have the enzyme added and there are milk substitutes (almond ; soy) that contain no lactose. Some milk based products (cheddar cheese ; yogurt) that are low enough in lactose content that they don't trigger symptoms.

Similar questions

A 38-year-old member asked:

Lactose intolerance, what to do?

1 doctor answer1 doctor weighed in
Dr. Al Hegab
Dr. Al Hegabanswered
Allergy and Immunology 41 years experience
Avoid dairy / get rx: Avoid dairy products that cause symptoms can consume lactose free dairy or use otc meds 2 help, if doesn't work c ur doctor or gastroenterologist, good luck.

Related questions

A 40-year-old member asked:
I am now i lactose intolerance, help?
1 doctor answer1 doctor weighed in
A 47-year-old member asked:
What are signs of lactose intolerance?
1 doctor answer2 doctors weighed in
A 47-year-old member asked:
What are effects of lactose intolerance?
2 doctor answers5 doctors weighed in
A 38-year-old member asked:
Lactose intolerance -- problem for life?
1 doctor answer6 doctors weighed in
A 22-year-old female asked:
How do you diagnose lactose intolerance?
2 doctor answers6 doctors weighed in
Last updated Mar 10, 2014

People also asked

Related topics

Connect with a U.S. board-certified doctor by text or video anytime, anywhere.
24/7 visits - just $39!
50% off with $15/month membership


Content on HealthTap (including answers) should not be used for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment, and interactions on HealthTap do not create a doctor-patient relationship. Never disregard or delay professional medical advice in person because of anything on HealthTap. Call your doctor or 911 if you think you may have a medical emergency.