Medication for cystic acne & saeborrheic dermatitis causing severe migraines.Using isotretinoin, minocycline as HCl BP & desloratadine. Drug reaction?

Dr. Lana Long
Dr. Lana Long answered
32 years experience in Dermatology
Stop meds, check eye: If you are having headaches, i would stop the Minocycline and isotretinoin. When given together there is an increased risk of a rare side effect, pseudotumor cerebri. I would have my eyes checked and if no evidence of pseudotumor, restart either the Minocin (minocycline) or isotretinoin, but not both. Migraines can also worsen with Isotretinoin and not affect the eyes, but it definitely needs to be ruled out.
Answered on Jun 30, 2014
1