Should i get a flu vaccine for myself, to protect my baby girl?

Dr. Jay Park
Dr. Jay Parkanswered
Yes, if...: Your baby is still under 6 months of age. Infants do not get flu vaccine until 6 months of age.
Dr. Meghan Tozzi
11 years experience
Vaccine is important: You will still help to protect your baby even if she can get the flu vaccine. If you protect yourself from the virus you are less likely to expose your daughter as well. The flu vaccine isn't perfect, it is possible that your daughter could still get the flu even of she was vaccinated. The more people who are vaccinated the safer we will all be.

Last updated Nov 1, 2014