Canada

I have been experiencing a fluttering movement lately in my stomach. i have the mirena (levonorgestrel) iud so my periods arent on time ever. any chance of pregnancy?

Dr. Christina Adberg
Gynecology 28 years experience
Unlikely: The Mirena (levonorgestrel) is over 99.5% effective. So it's not impossible, just really unlikely, that you could have conceived. And if you are feeling a baby moving in there, you'd have to be more than 4 months along, and that would be surprising. However impossible it is, you can always take a pregnancy test to put your mind at ease!
Created for people with ongoing healthcare needs but benefits everyone.
Last updated Jun 30, 2014