U.S. doctors online nowAsk doctors free
United Kingdom (Great Britain)
A 42-year-old female asked:

How can i reduce swelling of face due to hair dye allergic reaction?

1 doctor answer1 doctor weighed in
Dr. John Chiu
Allergy and Immunology 59 years experience
Topical steroid: Try otc Hydrocortisone cream. However if the swelling is severe enough, your doctor may need to try you on a short course of oral cortisone as well. Avoidance will be the key in the future.
Created for people with ongoing healthcare needs but benefits everyone.
Last updated Feb 3, 2021


Content on HealthTap (including answers) should not be used for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment, and interactions on HealthTap do not create a doctor-patient relationship. Never disregard or delay professional medical advice in person because of anything on HealthTap. Call your doctor or 911 if you think you may have a medical emergency.