Mansfield, OH

when surgery is recommended for ankle instability is it something that i can put off for awhile and just use bracing or does it need to be done asap?

Dr. Leon Shingledecker
recommendations: First of all, I do this type of reconstruction. Considerations to try prior to surgery if not already been done.Have you tried extensive physical therapy for rehabilitation and strengthening exercises. Unless you have a completely unstable ankle then surgery is indicated. I feel bracing for prolonged periods is detrimental for ankle instability. Have you tried orthotics and a second opinion.