i feel this tingling on my scalp like someone is poking me with tons of needles. i have really long hair so i didn't know if that could be causing it?

2 doctor answers
Dr. Charles Kattuah
22 years experience Dentistry
Shingles?: If this is located on one side of your scalp and you have had chicken pox then it could be that you are getting shingles. This condition will worsen and become more painful if it is. You may want to see a doctor or dermatologist to rule that out. Good luck.
Answered on Sep 24, 2015
Dr. Jessica Allan
Depends: It sounds like a paresthesia. Paresthesias are abnormal sensory symptoms characterized as tingling, prickling, pins and needles or burning sensations. What is causing the paresthesias may need to be worked up. I would go to the doctor. A whole range of conditions can cause this. The last patient i had with this symptom ended up having shingles.
Answered on Jun 9, 2016