A member asked:

I have a small lump in the crease area near my testicles and leg, there is a lot of itchiness and dry skin there?

2 doctors weighed in across 2 answers
Dr. Colin Kerr answered

Specializes in Family Medicine

If the skin is chronically itchy and dry, there is a good chance that the lump is an ingrown hair (the lump would be about the size of a bb or a small pea). If the lump is bigger, consider a lymph node (almost always benign) (size about 1/2" to 1.5"); this would not be tender. If the lump is tender you have to consider either an infection (early boil, infected hair follicle, or infected lymph node.

Answered Jul 29, 2016



Still have questions?

Get the best care from a doctor who knows you.

Book a Video Appointment
Sponsor Content
Dr. George Klauber answered

Specializes in Pediatric Urology

Epidermal cyst. Suggest you see a urologist if it continues to bother you.

Answered May 14, 2015



Related Questions

Online Primary Care Doctors Accepting New Patients

$44 video appointments available today with a membership as low as $15/month

Book a Video Appointment
Ask your question
Didn't find what you're looking for?

90,000 U.S. doctors in 147 specialties are here to answer your questions or offer you advice, prescriptions, and more.

Ask your question

Meet your new favorite doctor