Toms River, NJ

I have cellulitis in my right leg md prrscribes augmenting i could not take because it caused stomach pain and gastric distress. doctor will not give?

Dr. Yash Khanna
Need to change antib: If you can not tolerate Augmentin (amoxicillin and clavulanate) due stomach pain and distress, you need to take a different antibiotic.If your doctor will not prescribe another antibiotic which you need. You have two choices with diagnosis of cellulitis of leg, either to consult another doctor or go to er for treatment of cellulitis.
Created for people with ongoing healthcare needs but benefits everyone.
Dr. Michael Miller
Wound care 37 years experience
Wrong Diagnosis: Cellulitis is basically a visible inflammation (itis) of the skin and soft tissues (red, hot, swollen and tender) . It can be caused by many things including sunburn (radiation), trauma (sprained ankle) or poor vein circulation (stasis dermatitis). It need not be caused by bacteria. If you have repeated episodes of this, get to a wound care or vascular specialist, the diagnoses you have is wrong.
Last updated Sep 28, 2016