Hico, TX

If i have had my flu shot is it ok to be around a child with type b flu?

Dr. Raymond Blair
Hand hygiene : Use good hand hygiene and avoid droplet spread (from coughing, sneezing, etc) and you should be ok. The flu shot is not always reliable bc the flu virus can mutate and change genetically to evade our immune system throughout the flu season.
Dr. Martin Raff
Infectious Disease 57 years experience
Not necessarily: Influenza vaccine may or may not cover each of the influenza viruses currently circulating in the community, and some people do not necessarily develop complete immunity to the strains contained within the vaccine. If you know that an individual with whom you are going to be in contact has influenza and you can avoid contact that would be the safest course of action.