NY

9 yo 3rd day on amoxicilin for ear infection still has ear ache fever lower but still 37.6 down from 39.9 pre antibiotic is it normal?

Dr. Craig MacArthur
Pediatric Hematology and Oncology 34 years experience
Yes: 37.6 degrees c is not a fever to a pediatrician. From a fever standpoint, the patient is improved. I would expect the ear pain to improve within the next 24 hours. If it does not, then re-evaluation by the doctor is warranted.
Dr. Nilda Vergara
inflamation and infection cause pain, increase pressure in tympanic box causes also otalgia. the latest can be cause by eustachian tube dysfunction, most of the time caused by obstruction of the nomad drainage of the middle ear. I would recommend a reevaluation, pneumootoscopic exam as well as tympanometry if available
Feb 15, 2014