my daughter is only 24 days, her face always look yellow, we went to hospital nearby, doctor said it is the breast milk jaundice, how to deal with ?

3 doctor answers
Dr. Oscar Novick
58 years experience Pediatrics
Breast milk jaundice: Stop breast feeding for several days. Also depending on how high the jaundice is she may need to be put under the bilirubin lights.
Answered on Feb 6, 2014
1
Dr. Jay Park
Dr. Jay Park answered
50 years experience Pediatrics
See below: Breast milk jaundice often causes noticeable jaundice up to 6 weeks. However, it will be prudent to monitor the level of bilirubin (yellow pigment in blood) not to reach above 25 mg/dl.
Answered on Feb 3, 2015
1
Dr. Amrita Dosanjh
36 years experience Pediatrics and Pediatric Pulmonology
Follow up visit: I agree that this may be related to breast milk related jaundice. There are many causes for jaundice at that age. I would suggest noting down any worsening and the color of her stools for your pediatrician. I would suggest a follow up visit within 7 days.
Answered on Feb 3, 2015