Philippines

How fast is the mood change for cyclothymia?

Dr. Donald Jacobson
There is no set: Periodicity for the cycling in cyclothymia. It can be rapid, ultrarapid, or ultra-ultrarapid. This means that it can be within the course of a month, the course of a week, or the course of a day. Most commonly the episodes do not cycle very rapidly, but on occasion, especially if there is an antidepressant on board, I have seen it cycle daily. Best wishes.
Dr. Andrew Berry
Clinical Psychology 14 years experience
Depends: The best answer I can give you is that it depends on the patient. Some experience what is known as rapid cycling, which occurs often with those suffering from bipolar disorder, and others, not so much.