United Kingdom

when i give a blowjob, i get a slimy throat. is this normal?. is giving a blowjob unhealthy? can you damage your throat and throath muscles ? thanks

Dr. Robert Killian
General Practice 28 years experience
Oral Sex: Oral sex is a very common and normal part of the human sexual experience. There is, in general, no health concerns from the act itself. There are, of course, the usual std worries, but oral sex alone does not cause any health concerns. The 'slimy' throat you document is also probably normal for you given how your salivary glands respond to this activity.
Dr. Robert Killian
General Practice 28 years experience
Provided original answer
I always recommend that my patients get a guidebook or two to learn the 'how to's or norms of sexual activity. I like "The Joy of Sex" or "The Joy of Gay Sex" to start.
Feb 4, 2014