Hoa Kỳ

Can i use 1 spoon of rice vinegar (ingredients: water, ethanol, rice)/day in my diet when i am on accutane?

Pathology 46 years experience
What's really in it?: It's almost certain you signed an agreement, when you started on accutane, not to drink alcohol. Keeping a promise is a matter of principle. If the "rice vinegar" is a concoction that someone makes from real ethanol as a folk medicine, you're breaking a promise. However, most "rice vinegar" has the ethanol oxidized to acetic acid. That's harmless flavor, though there's probably no health benefit.
Created for people with ongoing healthcare needs but benefits everyone.
Dr. Randy Baker
Dr. Randy Baker commented
Holistic Medicine 42 years experience
I don't consider rice vinegar to be alcohol- as you mention, alcohol is a staring ingredient but it is almost entirely fermented into acetic acid (which is what makes it vinegar). There may be a tiny trace of alcohol left (under 0.5%) but 1 spoon of that is not intoxicating and will not interact with accutane. Having a spoonful of rice vinegar in no way is similar to drinking alcohol!
Feb 7, 2014
Last updated Feb 7, 2014