Owensboro, KY

I have had some lab work to find out my troponin levels and they were .13 and the other one is .18 is this normal or are these values high?

Dr. Rhonda Simons
That depends: On the type of troponin level tested: trop-i or trop-t. Generally anything 0-0.1micrograms/l is within normal range for trop-t, trop i is <10 micrograms/l. It also depends highly on the labs "normal ranges" as these differ from lab to lab. Always good to stick with the same lab and methodology to follow trends in labs. If at the er for chest pain to rule out mi, they would look at ekg's too.
Last updated Oct 9, 2017