NY

my daughter was diagnosed with strep today. how long before we would see symptoms if anyone else in our family is getting it also?

Dr. Albert Pizzo
Strep: Infection with strep may show up quickly after exposure, depending on the amount of exposure and the resistance to infection by the person exposed.
Dr. John Munshower
Approx. 1-4 days: Throat infection with strep bacteria can cause a variety of symptoms such as soreness, raspy voice, difficulty swallowing, fevers, mucus production, etc. Due to its association with inflammation of the throat and its nearby structures. Symptoms usually begin within a few days (one to four days) after contracting the infection (incubation period). Good luck.