A member asked:

I have a problem where it is hard to bend my knee fully i cycle about 100 miles a week on mountain bike this does not cause problem but i miss running?

A doctor has provided 1 answer
Dr. Paxton Daniel answered

Specializes in Radiology

Knee effusion (fluid on the knee) or internal derangement. If it bothers you enough you may want to consult with a sports medicine doctor as draining of an effusion can often help restore mobility when it is the cause. Ultrasound is useful for effusion diagnosis but MRI is best overall test for knee evaluation (usually after plain x-rays obtained).

Answered Jun 10, 2014



Still have questions?

Get the best care from a doctor who knows you.

Book a Video Appointment
Sponsor Content

Related Questions

Online Primary Care Doctors Accepting New Patients

$44 video appointments available today with a membership as low as $15/month

Book a Video Appointment
Ask your question
Didn't find what you're looking for?

90,000 U.S. doctors in 147 specialties are here to answer your questions or offer you advice, prescriptions, and more.

Ask your question

Meet your new favorite doctor