U.S. doctors online nowAsk doctors free
Germantown, MD
A 30-year-old female asked:

Soft lens which break into pieces is hurting my eyeball, can we see floaters and flashes from chronic trauma and irritation , i feel the pieces migrated?

1 doctor answer1 doctor weighed in
Dr. Bruce Ballon
Ophthalmology 34 years experience
Need dilation exam: Contacts cannot migrate into your eye. Floaters are serious sometimes, so a dilated exam from an eye care professional is required. The irritation is likely unrelated.

Related questions

A 46-year-old member asked:
I've got a dark floater in eye after blunt trauma, how do I fix this?
1 doctor answer1 doctor weighed in
A 33-year-old member asked:
What is the best treatment for eye trauma resulting in floater?
1 doctor answer1 doctor weighed in
A 67-year-old male asked:
Eye floaters what does it mean when i see light flashes?
1 doctor answer1 doctor weighed in
Last updated Jan 22, 2014
Connect with a U.S. board-certified doctor by text or video anytime, anywhere.
24/7 visits - just $39!
50% off with $15/month membership


Content on HealthTap (including answers) should not be used for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment, and interactions on HealthTap do not create a doctor-patient relationship. Never disregard or delay professional medical advice in person because of anything on HealthTap. Call your doctor or 911 if you think you may have a medical emergency.