What are the indications for lasik?

4 doctors weighed in across 3 answers

Ophtho: There are some requirements such as testing the thickness of your cornea and your eyesight needs to be unchanged, for some eye doctors they recommend 2-3 years. These are the common requirements but there could be others.

Answered 12/28/2014

4.6k views

Refractive error: Lasik is indicated in an individual who wishes to reduce his or her dependence on glasses and understands the risks, benefits and alternatives. The eye should have a stable refraction and a refractive error suitable for correction. The eye should be free of coexisting eye disease. The corneal topography should be normal and the cornea should be adequately thick with regard to the refractive error.

Answered 1/19/2014

4.6k views

Dr. Mark Sibley answered

Specializes in LASIK Surgery

Lasik for you: Lasik is the laser treatment indicated for removal of the prescription in your distant glasses.......so nearsighted or farsighted or astigmatism can be the indications for your Lasik treatment..Call for a Lasik evaluation

Answered 7/27/2015

2.5k views