In what way are cardiomyopathy and congenital heart disease similar?

Dr. Steven Neish
Pediatrics - Cardiology 39 years experience
Limited similarity: Cardiomyopathy and congenital heart disease are similar in that both are heart diseases. There are many types of cardiomyopathy and there are dozens of forms of congenital heart disease. Cardiomyopathy is heart muscle disease, due either to a molecular problem in the heart or to secondary damage from another disease. Congenital heart disease is a problem of heart development, present at birth.
Created for people with ongoing healthcare needs but benefits everyone.