Fluoride in water, toothpaste, is this safe?

Dr. John Francis
Periodontics 31 years experience
Yes: At controlled levels, very safe. Fluoride in the water has drastically reduced the number of cavities in growing children over the years. And if you brush and spit out, then fluoridated toothpaste is very effective and safe as well.
Dr. Arnold Malerman
Orthodontics 54 years experience
Ask your Dentist. If you live in a high fluoride area, such as the Rockies, you may not need supplemental fluoride as in toothpaste. Your Dentist will help you balance the fluoride intake best for you.
Jan 23, 2014
Dr. Howard Schneider
Pediatric Dentistry 35 years experience
Yes: Our teeth constantly lose minerals when ever we eat and pick them back up between meals. Small amounts of Fluoride found in water and toothpaste help teeth to pick up minerals and also make it harder to lose them. New teeth benefit the most. Despite lots of fear-mongering this small amount of Fluoride is perfectly safe. Proper amount is based on age so infants should not use Fluoride toothpaste.
Dr. Arnold Malerman
Orthodontics 54 years experience
I have a mouth full of fillings, but I had no fluoride until my teens...too late. My daughter and my granddaughter have had the benefit of a carefully controlled fluoride regimen. Neither has a cavity. Dr. Schneider is absolutely correct.
Jan 23, 2014
Dr. Paul Grin
Pain Management 37 years experience
Yes, very safe: There are many scientific studies done by research scientists which indicate a variety of dental benefits associated with fluoride and fluoridation.