how high is my risk of impotency with my med cocktail of zoloft, klonopin, lamictal, neurontin, wellbutrin, propranolol, requip and latuda (lurasidone)?

2 doctor answers
Dr. Robert Killian
28 years experience General Practice
Over medicated: Hi. Some of us here on health tap may have disagreement about this. But, by my reading you are on seven different medications that affect your brain. There is no scientific study that proves this many medications are safe or harmful to the human taking them. If you are having erectile dysfunction then i think we have to include these medications as possible causes.
Answered on Jan 22, 2014
1
1
Dr. Robert Killian
28 years experience General Practice
Provided original answer
In my practice I would sit with you and your family and ask in as kind of way possible for you to go to a different Psychiatrist for a second opinion or medication evaluation. If you feel these medicines are working well then you do not need to be concerned with my opinion. But, this is a significant and unusually high number of psychiatric medications.
Jan 16, 2014
Dr. Bennett Werner
44 years experience Cardiology
There is risk: Many of those drugs can cause it -propranolol is particularly apt to.
Answered on Jan 22, 2014