What is the best way to find a surgeon very experienced at presacral tumor resection? willing to travel nation-wide, major cancer ctr or academic inst

Dr. Joshua Garren
Radiation Oncology 24 years experience
BIMC: I would strongly recommend that you see dr. Lou harrison in manhattan at beth israel medical center. He invented the ham applicator (harrison, anderson and mack), which allows intraoperative radiation to the sacral bed if a cancerous tumor is found. His surgeons are excellent, but the availability of intraoperative radiation is just as crucial to outcome as good surgical technique.
Dr. Joshua Garren
Radiation Oncology 24 years experience
Provided original answer
Let me know if you need help getting in to see him. He is smarter than I am, but I am younger, bigger and stronger than he is, so I can twist his arm to get you seen.
Jan 16, 2014

Last updated Jan 19, 2014