hi doctors, can you tell me what is high fructose corn syrup and leptin?

Dr. Michael Sawyer
General Surgery 36 years experience
See below: Leptin is a hormone made by fat cells. It regulates stored body fat. When body fat reaches a certain level, leptin acts on the brain's arcuate nucleus to increase energy expenditure and limit additional fat storage. High fructose corn syrup is a compound of corn sugars altered to increase fructose content and sweetness. It is cheaper than cane sugar and is the major sweetener in processed foods.
Dr. Alan Feldman
Endocrinology 41 years experience
The connection between HFCS and leptin, is that it has been postulated that diets high in HFCS lead to lower levels of leptin, promoting excessive weight gain and obesity.
Nov 18, 2014