Hilliard, OH

I've been having pain & tingling in my right big toe. i'll get tingling on the outside of my right leg also occasionally but the toe is almost consta?

Dr. Thomas Inwood
Podiatry 36 years experience
Tingling: This sounds like nerve impingement but diabetics neuropathy cannot be discounted . Without any further history this is speculation . See your family doc , podiatrist or neurologist for assistance
Dr. Tariq Niazi
Orthopedic Surgery 44 years experience
Sounds like you have: A disc lesion(s) in the lower back involving the L4 ; 5 nerves, which supply the lateral aspect of the leg and the big toe. See a spinal surgeon, get a MRI to confirm the DX and be treated for it, initially with pain meds, if necessary, pt, epidurals. If no relief or relapses then surgery will be an option to get the affected disc (s) out, to relieve the numbness and/or leg/toe pain.

Last updated Apr 23, 2015