U.S. doctors online nowAsk doctors free
A 42-year-old member asked:

Could my joint pains be lyme disease? how would i tell?

2 doctor answers9 doctors weighed in
Dr. John Goldman
Rheumatology 56 years experience
Eamination and labs: Your physican can do an examiantion and laboratory testing to make the correct diagnosis. Since lyme is an infectious disease you may need to see a infectious disese specialist. If the joint pains are due to another reason then the rheumatologist can guide your physician in both the diagnosis and therapy.
Created for people with ongoing healthcare needs but benefits everyone.
Dr. Ahmad M Hadied
Orthopedic Surgery 50 years experience
Le t us see: The signs and symptoms of lyme disease are variable, usually involving more than one system. The skin, joints and nervous system are affected most often. Those are the tests to find out if you have lyme disease. Enzyme-linked immunosorbent assay (elisa) test. Western blot test. Polymerase chain reaction (pcr). Good luck and thankn you.
Created for people with ongoing healthcare needs but benefits everyone.
Last updated May 7, 2016
Connect with a U.S. board-certified doctor by text or video anytime, anywhere.
24/7 visits - just $39!
50% off with $15/month membership


Content on HealthTap (including answers) should not be used for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment, and interactions on HealthTap do not create a doctor-patient relationship. Never disregard or delay professional medical advice in person because of anything on HealthTap. Call your doctor or 911 if you think you may have a medical emergency.