i had recent dental surgery, am i more susceptible to getting endocarditis?

Dr. Kenneth Cheng
Only if valve issue: Dental work can increase one's risk of endocarditis, especially if one has a valve disorder. See your doctor if you have a known heart murmur, unexplained fevers, chest pain or shortness of breath.
Dr. Bennett Werner
Cardiology 44 years experience
Yes but: Your chance of getting endocarditis from dental surgery is about the same as your chance of being struck by lightning.
Dr. Ismael Khouly
Periodontics 15 years experience
Not for healthy peop: A dental surgery does not increase the chance to get endocarditis to health population. There are certain precautions that the patient and dentist must take due to the medical condition of the patient, like history of endocarditis, heart transplant, congenital heart disease and prosthetic heart valve. You can find more information in the aha website.