U.S. doctors online nowAsk doctors free
Glastonbury, CT
A 17-year-old female asked:

What medication should i use to treat red swollen and irritated face due to itching during allergic reaction? (to fluocinonide ointment)

1 doctor answer2 doctors weighed in
Dr. Michael Fisher
Dermatology 34 years experience
Allergic Reaction: You will have to use prescription topical medication like Cloderm or Locoid (hydrocortisone butyrate) lotion. Oral Prednisone can also be helpful to help the swelling. See your local dermatologist for help with your skin condition.
Created for people with ongoing healthcare needs but benefits everyone.
Last updated Jun 30, 2014


Content on HealthTap (including answers) should not be used for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment, and interactions on HealthTap do not create a doctor-patient relationship. Never disregard or delay professional medical advice in person because of anything on HealthTap. Call your doctor or 911 if you think you may have a medical emergency.