Palo Alto, CA

when i get very tired, it is often that i notice my stomach aching. why might it be that my exhaustion manifests itself in stomach aches and a sense of being bloated and generally uncomfortable? thx

Dr. Christopher Nichols
Physical Medicine and Rehabilitation 26 years experience
Irritable bowel: It might be just the result of being run down or eating poorly and having digestion issues . Probiotics might help which can be found in supplements and in yogurt . Also regular aerobic exercise may help. Those symptoms could be a common condition that there are some meds for called irritable bowel if it is truly bothersome a int med or gastrointestinal md may help.
Dr. Sewa Legha
Medical Oncology 50 years experience
Go and get checked: A medical examination is in order. There is no reason that your stomach should ache and be bloated like you described. I would ask your doctor to examine you and consider doing a ct scan of the abdomen as a screen and possibly check your stomach with endoscopy to make sure that your stomach is healthy.

Last updated Jan 13, 2015