Pakistan

i'm on clomipramine 75mg od. now suffering severe convulsions and recurrent thoughts since last one week.divalproex sodium will be good choice for me?

Dr. Alan Koenigsberg
Call physican: Clomipramine may indeed induce seizures, but usually at a much higher dose. When considering your other medications, however, you are on three potent serotonin modulators, and the interactions amongst the three may be a problem. You may also be at a higher risk for seizures if you have had ECT recently. Please call and consult with your psychiatrist about this in detail.