U.S. doctors online nowAsk doctors free
Dennison, OH
A 24-year-old female asked:

After losing almost 50lbs i've went down about 2 cup sizes in my breast 36d to 36b...how do i get them back to a bigger size without surgery?

2 doctor answers3 doctors weighed in
Dr. Jane Van Dis
Obstetrics and Gynecology 19 years experience
You can't: Congratulations on losing that weight.... You must feel great! that is awesome. I hope you're sharing your success with friends! as far as your breast size, surgery is likely your only answer if you want to increase your size. Augmentation is a safe and relatively inexpensive (compared to other plastic surgery procedures) procedure performed by plastic surgeon. Ask for board certified goodluck.
Created for people with ongoing healthcare needs but benefits everyone.
Dr. Jeff Livingston
Obstetrics and Gynecology 23 years experience
You cant: Congratulations on your weight loss. That must feel great. You also will lose fatty tissue in the breast so they will continue to shrink as you continue to lose weight. After you achieve your ideal body weight you can discuss breast augmentation with a plastic surgeon. Keep up the great work.
Created for people with ongoing healthcare needs but benefits everyone.
Last updated Dec 29, 2013


Content on HealthTap (including answers) should not be used for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment, and interactions on HealthTap do not create a doctor-patient relationship. Never disregard or delay professional medical advice in person because of anything on HealthTap. Call your doctor or 911 if you think you may have a medical emergency.