Hav shortness of breath, small amt. Blood in mucus phlegm no cough at all. Did xray blood test. Doc says no TB cancer. Mayb smoking. I jus quit. Help!?

Dr. Sue Ferranti
28 years experience in Internal Medicine
Probable bronchitis.: If malignancy has been ruled out, then you most likely have chronic bronchitis, a form of copd. You have already done the most important thing-quit smoking! COPD has no cure and it is slowly progressive. Treatment includes bronchodilator and steroid inhalers as well as oxygen therapy if your oxygen level is low enough to warrant it. Follow your doctor's directions for symptom control. Good luck!
Answered on Jul 3, 2019
3