U.S. doctors online nowAsk doctors free
A 67-year-old male asked:

Can't sleep more than3-4 hours. have sleep apnea and use machine nightly. ca't take unison etc. makes me to drowsy in the am. two months now.

1 doctor answer1 doctor weighed in
Dr. Paul Grin
Pain Management 37 years experience
CPAP-MAD combo: (CPAP) is considered to be the treatment of choice for sleep apnea. Mad (mandibular advanced devise) is oral appliance and a viable alternative with growing use, particularly in patients with mild/moderate sleep apnea. Combination CPAP and mad could be the answer in your case. Rec. See an orofacial pain doctor specializing in dental sleep medicine.
Created for people with ongoing healthcare needs but benefits everyone.
Last updated Jun 10, 2014


Content on HealthTap (including answers) should not be used for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment, and interactions on HealthTap do not create a doctor-patient relationship. Never disregard or delay professional medical advice in person because of anything on HealthTap. Call your doctor or 911 if you think you may have a medical emergency.