child overweight problem. why do schools not serve nonfat milk?

Dr. Marina Armendariz
1% milk ok at school: The milk they serve is important and isn't the problem. It's soda and other sugars and the amount of food the person is eating. Schools are starting to do better by eliminating soda at school in the vending machines.
Dr. Bennett Werner
Cardiology 44 years experience
Great question!!: They certainly should. Please call your school's principal and complain. Meanwhile, consider encouraging the young one to drink water or send a thermos with him/her. Good for your for being aware of the problem! if we all work together, we can make positive changes in the schools and in our children.