help docs! my naturapaths given me calc (c) what is this?

Dr. Pamela Pappas
41 years experience Psychiatry
Homeopathic remedy: Calcarea carbonica is a homeopathic remedy made from oyster shell. Homeopathic remedies act at the level of your healing system, and are prescribed according to the symptoms you're suffering. I don't know what your complaint was when you saw your naturopath. A well-taken case often requires 2-3 hours; your naturopath should have explained about homeopathy to you if s/he was practicing it.
Answered on Dec 27, 2013
3
3 comments
24 years experience Psychiatry
Dr Pappas. Thanks for the excellent info.
Dec 27, 2013
Dr. Pamela Pappas
41 years experience Psychiatry
Provided original answer
Dr. Lotfi -- thanks for your input. As a homeopathic physician, I collaborate with many other physicians in caring for patients. In this case, I don't know the patient's complaints, nor how well the case was taken. Sometimes these medicines are given casually, and this is a great disservice since they can be very powerful when prescribed accurately, with close follow-up of the patient.
Dec 26, 2013
Dr. Djamchid Lotfi
57 years experience Neurology
If you have persistent or significant symptoms, DONT put your faith in so called natural healing?!
Dec 26, 2013