San Antonio, TX

oxygen saturation seems to hover around 94 when awake. drops to 89 when dosing off. machine then beeps waking me up, levels immediately rise.thoughts?

Dr. Robert Killian
General Practice 28 years experience
Lung Disease: Thoughts? How about we are very scared for you. You have a significant respiratory infection or an illness that will end your life early. Please get to the doctor and get this figured out. Lung specialists are known as pulmonologists.
Dr. Frank Mayo
Pulmonary Critical Care 48 years experience
Sleep apnea: You likely has sleep apnea causing oxygen to decline with sleep. You need a sleep study if overnite oximetry shows desaturation as you state.