I need to know what is aspergers and how it is related to autism?

Dr. Barbara Lavi
Clinical Psychology 35 years experience
Aspergers is a mild: Form of autism. Autism is a disorder that interferes with a person's ability to communicate or relate to others whichs starts early in childhood. When people speak about the autistic spectrum they are speaking about a range of degrees from mild to severe autism.
Dr. Johanna Fricke
Developmental and Behavioral Pediatrics 50 years experience
Because the same : core deficits - diminished or absent joint attention, facial recognition & Theory Of Mind - exist in all types of Autistic Spectrum Disorder, the diagnoses of Asperger Syndrome & PDD-NOS were subsumed into ASD in the DSM-V. The level of ASD is defined by the type & degree of supports needed for a person with ASD to function optimally, 1 being the lowest level of need & 3 being the highest.