scared of talking with my psychologist about sexual child abuse. need some reassurance?

Embarrasement: In therapy, your goal is to let go of fixed ways of looking at your life and behaviors, rethink and redirect them and move forward to a happier life.The abuse has power over you, or you wouldn't have difficulty.Discussing it with a trusted doc can help you let go of a fixed idea.You are not defined by the events, but by the whole person you are and can be. Do the work to gain the benefits.
Pathology 44 years experience
This is very good advice. I hope our correspondent will have the courage to act on this.
Dec 18, 2013
Dr. Judith Tellerman
Clinical Psychology 42 years experience
Fear: If you are not comfortable talking with your Psychologist then find another Psychologist whom you can trust.

Last updated Nov 27, 2018